Thursday, January 19, 2012

Am I a good hamster owner? Rate me 1-10 :) Thank youu~ ^_^?

I just want to know how I'm doing and if I'm taking care of my hamster properly ^_^ I love him very much. He's a dwarf hammie ;D



1. I have a CritterTrail One Cage

2. I use a recycled paper bedding ( ECO and Carefresh, but I also have Aspen )

3. I change his food and water every night

4. I give him two spoons of hamster food each day

5. He has a big silent wheel

6. He has a mineral block and some toys to keep him happy

7. He has a hamster toilet and he is potty trained :)

8. I bought him 3 bags of hamster food, even though the first didn't run out o_O

9. He has a lot of tubes and extensions

10. He has a traveling cage, 2 exercise balls ( one big, one small ) 2 more wheels, 2 bags of treats, 5 bags of hammy food, 3 bags of bedding, alot of tubes + extensions, one extra food bowl, an igloo, a ball nest, fluff, bag of litter and wet tail drops just in case :)

11: I take him out everyday to play with him and I give him treats daily

12: I love him to death :D %26lt;3 I care alot for him and I think I spoil him O_O...

13. I cup him in my hands, I don't grab him

14. He is healthy and happy, also active, hyper, and fast O_O

15. I don't feed him fruits or veg, because I'm not sure which ones he could eat

16. I kiss him a lot and huggles and cuddles him %26lt;3

17. I give him exercise daily

18. I brush his fur with a soft toothbrush

19. I wash his cage once every week with warm water and a clean cage deoderizer

20. He is very active at night



Am I a good hamster owner? Please rate and give me your thoughts ^.^ But please no harsh comments :)Am I a good hamster owner? Rate me 1-10 :) Thank youu~ ^_^?
10!!!!!! Sounds like your hamster is in paradise! I had a rabbit named baby too
your the best hamster owner 10Am I a good hamster owner? Rate me 1-10 :) Thank youu~ ^_^?
wow ur a great hamster owner, my hamsters were lucky to get a quarter of that when i had them (i was only 6 so...)
10------

You sound like a wonderful hamster owner!!!!Am I a good hamster owner? Rate me 1-10 :) Thank youu~ ^_^?
Yes you are!! :P
pretty good. i don't like the fact that he doesn't get fresh fruits and veggies. they need fresh food like any living thing. i would check his store food to make sure there is no BHT, BHA or ethoxyquin as these are artificial preservatives that can sometimes cause cancer. Just google hamster safe food and you get a ton of lists. here's the beginning of one from hamsterific.com:



FRUITS

Apple (seedless)

Banana

Blackberries

Blueberries

Cantaloupe.

Cherries

Cranberries

Grapes(seedless)

Lychee

Mango

Melon

Peaches (no stone)

Plums (no pits)

Raspberries

Raspberry Leaves (helpful for diarrhea)

Strawberries



other than the food thing you can have a 10
You're way better than me :D And it's no doubt your'e spoiling him :) I rate you a 9.9 :) Keep up the good work and say hi to your hammie for me please



From the desk of Carly and Chibi.
You are a great hamster owner - 10
Well... I think your scale for rating doesn't go high enough!! I'd say you're at least a 15... an amazing... no... phenomenal pet owner.



And just in case you were wondering what you can give your hamster for fruits and veggies here's a list:

Alfalfa

Apple (seedless)

Asparagus

Avocado (skinned and seedless)

Banana

Basil

Blackberries

Blueberries

Broccoli

Brussel Sprouts - small amounts occasionally - not all hamsters like the strong taste

Calabrese

Cabbage - should only be fed in small amounts occasionally as too much can cause health problems

Carrots

Cauliflower leaves and stalks

Celery

Cherries - stones should be removed as they can be dangerous if gnawed

Chestnuts

Chicory

Chinese Leaves

Coriander

Corn-on-the-Cob

Corn Salad

Courgette

Cranberries

Cress

Cucumber

Curly Kale

Dates

Endive

Fenugreek

Feijoa

Figs

Grapes

Green beans

Kale - should only be fed in small amounts occasionally as too much can cause health problems

Kidney Beans (cooked)

Kiwi Fruit

Kumquat

Lettuce - small amounts occasionally - in excess it can cause liver problems

Logan Berries

Lychee

Mange Tout

Mango

Marrow

Melon

Mint

Mung

Okra

Pak Choy

Papaya

Parsley - a good tonic

Peach

Pear

Peas

Plums - stones should be removed as can be dangerous when gnawed

Potato (cooked)

Raspberries

Raspberry Plant leaves - beneficial for diarrhoea

Rhubarb (cooked)

Rocket Chard

Sage

Sorrel

Squash

Star Fruit

Strawberries

Sugar Cane - small amounts

Sweet Potato

Soybean Sprouts

Swede

Sweetcorn

Sweet Peppers

Ugli Fruit

Turnip

Water Chestnuts

Watermelon

Water Spinach



***Just be careful when feeding your pet because you'll need to start slow. (Feeding your hamster too many fruits and vegetables, too soon, can give him diarrhea.) Begin by giving your hamster a small piece of fruit or vegetable 2 or 3 times per week. After about 4 weeks or so, gradually increase the amount, so that you are feeding him a small piece of fruit or vegetable 6-7 times per week.
What is the purpose of wanting a rating? You need people to tell you how you are doing, to give you a pat on your back--why? Be strong, be independent, be smart, be humble, be true, be the great care giver that you are. Your hammie is the one who should rate you, not another human being for it is not a human being that is living in that cage. Isn't your hammie happy? Do you think he is happy? Don't you know? Can't you tell? Are you not connected to your hammie to know how he feels? Don't seek other's momentary approval, find you own confidence and it's yours forever. You know the answer. Now enjoy it with your hamster.
Youre a good owner! But well hamsters can eat any fruit except really juicy ones it will give them diarreah so stay away from oranges,papaya,melon,watermelon,and cherries! Hope this helped!
It sounds like you are a great hamster owner. 10



Just wondering, are some of the treats you give him veggies. Most hamsters adore fresh veggies, and they are so good for them.
9 because first of all you should never kiss your hamster because it might have some illness that could transmit to you. Also even if you care for your hamster and love him, you don't need to spend that much money on item that is unnecessary like 3 bag of food and 2 hamster wheel ( but that just my opinion)
I think everyone knows that answer, as well as you do. What would you rate yourself? 10/10.

loving your pet makes you a 10
10,0000 You sound great!!! (:
I would say a 9, primarily because you don't need so many things for him.

I've had a few problems with excess hamster food, including mold, bugs biting holes and living in there, and spoiling. Be careful! Just buy what you need. It's not like Baby's gonna spring into a 100lb hamster overnight and demand all the food in the house :P
10! ONE of THE BEST!! really great caring!
9 - if you gave him fruits and veg then I'd give you a 10 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment