Thursday, January 12, 2012

Best way to parallel park. Wondering if this is the right method

I practice parallel parking by

1 going parallel to the car behind which I want to park

2 turn the steering wheel all the way to the right and keep going till I see from my side view mirror that the rear of the car is almost touching the curb

3 then I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left till I see in the side view mirror that my car is exactly parallel to the curb.



I sometimes do very well with this method and sometimes struggle bitterly.

If someone could tell me any better method or the trick to know when to turn the steering wheel to the left then I would be very happy.



I am giving my test tomorrow so want answers to come in by todayBest way to parallel park. Wondering if this is the right method
When your B-pillar (pillar behind the front door, or the rear edge of your front door if you can't find the B-pillar) is even with the other car's bumper, start turning the wheel the other direction (left).



DON'T CRANK THE WHEEL LEFT. You're trying to finesse it into the space, not slam it home. Gradually continue turning the wheel as you back into the space and you'll get right where you need to be.Best way to parallel park. Wondering if this is the right method
Use your turn signal to indicate the direction of the parking spot.



If the space is not yet vacant but the car in it is about to leave, wait behind the spot.



When the space is vacant, pull ahead of it until you have pulled up beside the car parked in front of the space. Your rear bumper should be even with that car's rear bumper with about 2 feet of road between you.



Put the car in reverse. Begin to back up slowly; as soon as the car starts moving, turn the wheel as far as it will go toward the curb.



Back slowly into the space.



When the back of your car's front door is even with the rear bumper of the car beside you, begin turning the wheel away from the curb.



Continue turning the wheel away from the curb and backing slowly into the space.



Straighten out the wheel, then pull forward or back in the space as needed to center yourself between the cars in front of and behind you. Your car should be 6 to 8 inches from the curb when you are parked.

No comments:

Post a Comment