Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chinchilla Cages?

Right, I'm looking for a place that I can get good cages, that don't cost a fortune. 1/2 x 1" galvanized wire, wire bottom with slide out tray, atleast 2 stories, etc. etc. I've tried like 5 different cages, and I'm not happy with any. Petstores cages are too small, and poorly built.. Any clue where I can get some online or something? And where can I get one of those saucer wheels without it costing 40-60 dollars?Chinchilla Cages?
The best Chinchilla cages I know of come from www.martinscages.com. I had one of these cages and was very happy with it.
Sometimes the pet magazines list vendors that have these specific cages. You might try asking a chinchilla email list.Chinchilla Cages?
You may be able to find good quality cages on some websites.



Here's a few links: http://www0.shopping.com/xGS-chinchilla_鈥?/a>



http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll鈥?/a>



Hope I helped!



~GPSapphire
I really don't recommend using wire bottomed cages with chinchillas. It's really not good for their feet, plus their little hands can get stuck in it.Chinchilla Cages?
I say the altime best cage for a cheap price is the one you make yourself! go to this website:



http://www.guineapigcages.com/



It's called cavy cage. to those people. to us folks it's called dorm room build it yourself organizing shelves. they come in boxes of ten or twelve sometimes. They are square wire tiles that stick together with plastic connectors. Only about ten bucks a bundle. Look at how many different cages you can make. there is even a section of that site that's not for guineas

and they have chin' owners.



At Target you can get white ones that come in packs of 23 for $14 each. So for $28 you could have a huge palace!



good luck.
I didn't like any of the pet store ones cause they're all too small so my dad built me one. I can send you a picture of it if you like and maybe you can find someone to build it for you. It was cheap and easy and Junior loves it! Also, I have no idea where to get a cheap saucer. I've been looking myself.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. happy wheels demo

    ReplyDelete