Thursday, January 19, 2012

Stressed and losing interest in my small business and starting to affect my health?

This year so far has been horrible for business..plus i have lots of stress from work and home life- i feel like im starting to get sick over it. not eating good, not sleeping, smoking too much....i worrry about my business all the time, yet i dont have the energy to work it anymore and im just losing intnerest in it all together. The stress has my mind confused- cant focus or think straight. I dont like feeeling like this and its affecting my health and my family life. Ive been doin this for 20 yrs now and its just becoming more of a headache than its worth most days. I make ok money during most years, but i ve had lots of troubles this past spring- lost a key employee, lost alot of accounts/customers, tons of repairs needed on trucks and equipment and weather has been putting us way behind schedule. I just dont know if i like doing what i do anymore-most days i just wannna stay home and do nothing. i am lazy, unmotivaed and just so confused.I hate that everything is so unorganized and i cant focus. Work usually goes smooth and i get over litttle bumps, but lately( this year) i cant get anything to go right and it feels like im losing my mind. I cant be happy...i sometimes wanna just sell it off, but ive also put 20 yrs of hard work into this company.

I dont know what im doing anymore- just want some answers.... I want to keep my wife happy and spend time with my kids, but work has me in a mood that i just cant get out of. Too much to do and no time to do it and the stress is building...I dont know what to do.

With my costs of business going up constantly and work just being behind and me not liking what i do, this make the situation worse, since i have no drive or motiavtion to keep up or play catch upl There are too many variables to say weather or not i should get out or stay in, but i just look at my health and well being as well as my hapiness and wonder if im doing the right thing.

My wife has a decent job(but you never know when that could be gone) and with 2 small kids, the stress at home is an added stress that we try to deal with. I just cant take much more of this type living before i have a breakdown



I have seen a dr who put me on zoloft, but thats not helping much at all...I still have all the BS goin on in life and its wearing me down (personally and business)

I just wish things were like last year and were going smooothly.

I dont want to see my wife stressed out over my work as the kids stress her out as it is...its tough for 2 people to both have careers and also raise 2 kids. We never have any time to get things done and its like a list of things to do that have been put on hold around the house because of my work and the kids. I feel lots has to do with me being so consumed in my work right now trying to figure it out and get caught up, but i just never have the energy or motivation to do anything outside of work.



How can i get back my life like it was last year?? what should i do about work? I cant make any decisions at all right now, it sucks. I feel stuck and i just wanna keep my family happy and my health up.



I wish there was an easy way to explain this but thats basically how confused i am.. i feel like i have tons of different pressures from all over and i get out of the hole...I hate dreading going to work, when i use to love the business. When things were different, i like to make a sale and go out and do the job and make $$, but now i dont even have that drive to go to work. Too much on my plate and too many decisions to be made and its wearing me out and making me depressed. Again- i just cant focus. It sucks that this all happened withing a few months time. Guess i just have to figure it out one way or another.. I see other people who are worse off than me and think im grateful, and then i see those who have it way easier or better than me and feel like im spinning my wheels and losing out.



I just want my normal life back and mostly be happy with my wife and kids. That all...i dont wanna end up in the hospital or dead over work- cuz its just not worth it.



Any opinions on my confusing question.??Stressed and losing interest in my small business and starting to affect my health?
I suggest hiring an employee. I know that filing the paperwork and the time in training is / would be a hassle, but if you don't assess your health, you and your family won't be happy for awhile.

If this is not an option, try working only scheduled hours. This will be harder, the longer your business operates. However, another employee would seem like a valuable asset to prolonging the business and allowing you to have more free time.

I won't sh/t you. I don't know exactly what you're feeling like. But I've had a similar experience... If you have been continuing down this road; a dead end if you want to call it that, then it's probably time to do something before it's too late.

Your business, I'm assuming is what's kept you afloat. So, the business failing is NOT an option.

I also want to suggest try using your family as a crutch to motivate you throughout your work day. When I was in the military, it was deployment after deployment that seperated my family over and over again. Before long, it ruined my family... My health was screwed and I didn't care anymore. So I got out.

It's been hell ever since, but that's not the point. Actually the reason why I stopped by was because I was looking for certain aspects of a small business to look out for when expanding... But I think I've found my answer. Thank you.

--Rob USMC

No comments:

Post a Comment