Thursday, January 12, 2012

My hubby is trying to wire up a stereo in his 1992 Ford F-350 How do you do this???

My hubby is trying to wire up a stereo in his 1992 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Truck - How do you do this, because is he in the drive way cussing up a storm, and the neabors are calling asking what he is doing, one of the niebors came over to see, and he gave him both barrels... I'm not happy, and I would like to try and help him, but first I need to know what I am doing, or what I am going to be talking about....



Truck info:



1992 Ford F-350 Crew Cab (4 door full size) dually

460 cid efi

5 Speed transmition

168" wheel base



The stock stereo was cut out by former owner of the truck, with no regard to any common since, %26amp; they installed some other radio, and when my hubby bought the truck they removed what ever stereo they had in it and clipped all the wires from the stock wire harness!



My hubby is trying to install a Pioneer PPC-300 4 channel (with 2 RCA connectors) stereo cassette deck WITH the wire harness that came with that stereo. That Pioneer came out of one his 2001 Freightliner Classic XL鈥檚 that was wrecked鈥?br>




Can anyone help us install this radio???My hubby is trying to wire up a stereo in his 1992 Ford F-350 How do you do this???
http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/FLM鈥?/a>



look partial way down.. it will show what colors go for what on the f-series truck (don't worry that it says f-150 as all the f-series trucks that year are wired the same)....



The pioneer wiring color codes should be on the radio, on tags on the wiresMy hubby is trying to wire up a stereo in his 1992 Ford F-350 How do you do this???
I took out the stock unit in my 1990 Bronco and installed a Pioneer CD Radio in it's place.



I had to use a wire tester to find out where my wires went. (Which was not easy, and required extenders) and than map them out as far as Left Front, Left Rear, Right Front, Right rear. The wires with stripes are typically negative, and those that are solid are typically positive.



After that is done do not use any "Plug in connectors" Unless you buy a adapter and than plug the wires into it for the unit your trying to install, instead clip any plugs and connected them wire to wire to the speakers, Active power, off power ( The power the keeps the clock right and such) So on and so forth. It takes time and effort, but won't fail. Good luck.My hubby is trying to wire up a stereo in his 1992 Ford F-350 How do you do this???
And whatever you do, dont use the blue/red stripe wire for a ground! That will show ground when checked with a test light, but when turn on lights it gets power and will blow a fuse. That is the radio light wire, so that the rheostat can dim the radio bulbs. Tell him to relax and have a beer or three, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment