Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gah!... tell me something happy! (sigh)?

I am a university student (pre-masters history) and am in the middle of being diagnosed/treated for a sleep disorder. Its beyond frustrating because i am incredibly tired all of the time!! The severe sleep deprivation caused by my sleep disorder causes me to get sick constantly (because severe lack of sleep affects your immune system), and have difficulty concentrating/thinking/doing homework. I walk around like a zombie - i think that i am impared enought that i would not trust myself behind a wheel and during class i have to walk around the hall way periodically to keep myself from nodding off. Also i have missed a few classes which is not good because its premasters so the classes are 3 hour seminars in which we must discuss the readings and are assigned marks so it looks bad if you dont go and you loose marks too. It is impossible to be at my best accademically this way so have dropped 2 of the 4 classes i was taking so that i can still get A's. My profs are supportive of my problem but its driving me insane! I also have an anxiety disorder which does not help the sutuation. Because of this sleep disorder, i have gained 35 pounds because i stopped jogging every morning due to lack of energy. I rarely see my friends because i am too tired and busy keeping up with school. I dont have time for hobbies anymore because it takes all of my energy to do well in school (which will be over in mid april, thank god!) I am going insane - what am i supposed to do?!Gah!... tell me something happy! (sigh)?
Remain in contact with your professors and keep them updated on your situation. This can only help you.



Who is diagnosing/treating you? If it doesn't interfere with their diagnostics, they should help you with getting rejuvenating sleep starting tonight. Call them in the morning and see what they can do.



As for the weight gain and lack of previous athletic routine, make sure you are adjusting your calorie intake to coincide with your current activity level so the weight gain stops where you are. Running burns a lot of calories and you can't continue eating the same way you did when you were active or you will continue to gain.Gah!... tell me something happy! (sigh)?
You should seek treatment for it there's clinics that treat sleeping disorder. I should do it myself it's 2 am here I'm tired as hell but unable to fall asleep.Gah!... tell me something happy! (sigh)?
Since you know what`s wrong with you, you need to be relax. Spend some time going out with friends. Please do not take tea or coffee. Hasty makes no speed. The more you worried the worse.

Remember must eat and exercise.

Is there anyone who teaches you `Taichi`?
Have you told the doctors that are diagnosing you and treating you that you need sleeping pills NOW? If the problem is not a lack of time to sleep, then have you tried something medically? Also the things like no TV in the bedroom, dark curtains, no nightlights in the bedroom, no caffeine after 4 or 5pm, no liquids two hours before bed, light supper, no TV or electronics for the hour before bed. A good wind down time (good book, writing a letter, bath, whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment