Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cars like the Chevrolet Tahoe or Denali, but with better gas milage? Used? Where to look?

My father is having me look around for prices on a used Chevrolet Tahoe or Denali, 2008 - 2010, V8 Engine, 4-Wheel-Drive, and "Captains Chairs" not "Bucket Seats".



What I've seen online so far shows REALLY bad gas milage and really high prices.



I'm NOT a car person... If it has wheels and gets me from Point A to Point B, I'm happy... So I REALLY need help on where to look for good deals on a Tahoe or Denali TYPE of vehicle, so I guess my question is 2 fold...



1. Where should I look for good prices on used Tahoe or Denali trucks?

2. Is there another, similar, vehicle that has better milage or price?



My father keeps a car until it stops running... He has never had a vehicle that has lasted under 10 years, so I need a quality but cost effective vehicle.



Any help would be greatly appreciated!Cars like the Chevrolet Tahoe or Denali, but with better gas milage? Used? Where to look?
1. Shop around for prices at autotrader.com and edmunds.com. It will be difficult to get great prices on used SUVs and Pickup trucks as there is a high demand for them and low supply in the used market. This is due to the price of gas going under $3 per gallon and everyone trading back in the 4cyl car they got when gas was $4.50 a gallon!



2. If looking at a full size SUV, gas mileage is all going to be similar, because they will all have a V8 to help log around the weight of the vehicle. If looking for better gas mileage out of a large SUV, maybe the Tahoe Hybrid, if not would need to go to smaller SUV.Cars like the Chevrolet Tahoe or Denali, but with better gas milage? Used? Where to look?
Hello there!



To answer your questions...



1) I would check out Edmunds.com for shopping for car prices both in your area and nationally. You'll also be able to check out reviews on several light truck/SUVs by actual owners. In my area, I always check out Johnny Londoff Chevrolet (http://www.londoff.com). Great prices and service...and good internet specials.



2) Have you looked at the Chevy Traverse or even the Equinox? Those get 'decent' mileage but are smaller than size you're looking for...



I hope that helps...

No comments:

Post a Comment