Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is the best cage for rats for under$60? Petsmart brands?

I am gonna buy my cage on Saturday from petsmart, I'm looking to figure out what the best cage is to house 2 female rats. My budget for a cage is $60. I would like it to include the water bottle, food dish, and exercise wheel ( are there wheels necessary?)



I am willing to pay up to $80 if need be but no more. I want Athena and Lilly to be as happy as can be for as long as can be.



I understand petsmart doesn't have a lot as far as top quality cages at low prices, but I don't have another pet store within 50 miles of me.



So what is the best bang for my buck at petsmart??



I want best quality and with at least 2 levels with plenty of room to customize with huts, hammocks, toys, etc.





Thanks!!!



Please be sure to include a link to the specific cage so I know what to look for when I go there.What is the best cage for rats for under$60? Petsmart brands?
It's impossible to know which cages are offered at your specific petsmart, but I will advise you to not rule out looking at bird cages. They're often taller and therefore have more room. You can buy plywood if you have a means of cutting it for levels and wire to hang it up, and buy a bird cage which will definitely leave more room vertically for huts and hammocks and levels and whatnot. I bought one of mine, a Prevue-Hendryx cage (http://imgur.com/hyFHC) for about fifty dollars. Typically a rat/gerbil cage will be longer but flatter and I like my girls to have room to climb up!

No comments:

Post a Comment